Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Chaos Eldar Project - Eldar Obliterators

So, I see no reason why Eldar could not be infected by the obliterator virus, so here is my first such creation. I still need to finish the head, and then it is off to painting. I will probably just end up using the regular obliterator rules. As for the model, it started as one of the warmachine light myrmadons which I added some greenstuff and dark/Eldar weaponry to.






UPDATE: 10.12.2014
Second one is started


UPDATE: 14.12.2014
First one is painted.
I thought dark blue with a little reddish/purple tint and glowing blue lines would look cool. It did, but it also came out "in midnight clad." Ah well, I think it looks good.
Chaos Black Primer
Heavily watered down Enchanted Blue
Heavily watered down Liche Purple where that didn't end up in a splotchy type deal.
I think I then put another level of the enchanted blue.
Then Carrionburg Crimson
Then Enchanted Blue lines.
Leadbelcher on guns.
Nuln Oil on guns.
Caliban Green on mutations
Nuln oil on everything but the mutations.
Skull White over the lines.
Goblin Green on the mutations.

Watered down Enchanted Blue over the white.
Two heavy coats of Reikland Fleshshade on the mutations.
Gems were then done with the 1.2/3.1/3.white highlight method with either Enchanted Blue with mixed in Skull White or for the eye lense, Scab Red, Red Gore, Blood Red. Some of the gems actually got started before the Nuln Oil, but I don't think it made a difference. 







I still need to gloss varnish the gems. I think it looks pretty good if I say so myself, even if it is too much a Night Lord.

UPDATE: 19.01.2015
More work done on the second one, also the third one is beginning to form.
I have added some spilling out intestines to the second one, but pics will have to wait until they are more dry.


UPDATE: 10.02.2015
Second one is in a preprime state, I am pretty happy about the intestines.





4 comments:

  1. 10/12/2014. Updated with pic of second one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 14/12/2014. Updated with pics and details of painting the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 19/01/2015. Updated with pics of second one's progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 10/02/2015. Updated with preprime pics of second one.

    ReplyDelete